Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think I might explode

(12 Posts)
meatliqour Mon 22-Feb-16 21:06:54

Seriously. I am so bloated. Full of wind. I am actually in agony.

I've had this for over a month. Finally seeing doctor tomorrow.

I actually have backache from the pressure of being so bloated.

It's not normal is it? What the fuck is wrong with me?

My whole stomach hurts

MattDillonsPants Mon 22-Feb-16 23:26:54

This is a new thing yes? Have you changed your diet recently?

meatliqour Tue 23-Feb-16 02:05:11

Always had on / off problems, not changed my diet. This is a whole new level of pain. I'm now wide awake as it's woken me up sad

MattDillonsPants Tue 23-Feb-16 02:07:19

sad it's good you've got an appointment....can you tell me what your diet in general is like? Do you think that it's a good diet?

meatliqour Tue 23-Feb-16 02:48:30

It's horrendous I can't lie sad I don't know how I've got into such a terrible rut.

Takeaways about 2-3 times a week.

Rest of the time convenience foods, although I do eat a lot of salad / veg

How on earth I'm not overweight I have no idea.

I am literally lying here about to cry it is so bad. Labour was easier!!

I should prob also drink more fluids. I've got so lazy ...... Right now I hate myself as I can see that my appalling diet is to blame.

I just want something to relieve how uncomfortable I feel right now.

I've just been googling Dr Gillian McKeiths 24hr detox, she did the product that completely cleared you out, but nowhere seems to stock it.

I can't face another night of no sleep sad(((

meatliqour Tue 23-Feb-16 03:03:21

I've just done the whole "dr Google" great .... I'm dying

MattDillonsPants Tue 23-Feb-16 03:13:43

Can you lie on your front? That often forces wind out.

In the meantime avoid Dr Google, he's confused at best and downright nuts at worst.

MattDillonsPants Tue 23-Feb-16 03:14:02

Can you lie on your front? That often forces wind out.

In the meantime avoid Dr Google, he's confused at best and downright nuts at worst.

Redroses11 Tue 23-Feb-16 03:22:17

What makes you think that wind is causing it? You're mentioning back pain.

HappyAsASandboy Tue 23-Feb-16 03:22:38

Try peppermint tea. I know it seems far too serious for peppermint tea to work, but I bet it does.

Twice in my life I have been in excruciating pain, both following a c section. By pain, I mean crawling on all fours, panting, crying pain.

On the first occasion I was in hospital and a midwife breezily suggested peppermint tea as I couldn't have more pain relief yet - I resisted the urge to hit her and drank the tea and magically I was cured!

On the second occasion I was at home. I rang 101 as I thought I had a serious post-c section complication. I was properly crying and terrified I had done myself a damage. While waiting for a call back, I remembered peppermint tea and decided it couldn't make things worse - magically, I was cured!

I have no idea how it works. I didn't burp or fart as far as I know. But it worked.

Worth a go?

SoySauceAddict Tue 23-Feb-16 03:33:12

Any chance it could be your gallbladder?

VegasIsBest Tue 23-Feb-16 05:52:10

I was also wondering if it could be your gallbladder. Definitely worth asking your GP about it as they can refer you for a scan and prescribe meds to help in the meantime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now