Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this? GP??

(3 Posts)
AnaisB Sat 20-Feb-16 20:20:47

So whenever I cough when I am lying down I have an intense pain in my lower right abdomen, somewhere above my hip bone. I think it first began a while ago, but I'm not sure when - possibly after DS was born - about 3 1/2 years ago. It hasn't got any worse as far as I can tell. When I poke the area it sometimes feels lumpy and sometimes feels normal. If I cough when I am standing up I sometimes have pain in the same area, but its quite mild.

Any ideas - should I go to the GP?

etttvatre Sat 20-Feb-16 20:32:25

I have no idea what this might be, but I'm experiencing the exact same thing so will be following this!
My pains also started after childbirth, it's not always there but I get it a few times a year. It feels like my muscles in my lower right abdomen are tearing apart when coughing. My DP said it sounded like a hernia? But I haven't had it checked out.

Badders123 Sat 20-Feb-16 20:34:14

Hernia?
Can happen after birth
Off you go to the gp smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now