Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

tonsil stones

(4 Posts)
NeckingtheNightNurse Sat 20-Feb-16 06:40:23

Anyone else suffer with this embarrassing problem ? I've tried googling the cause and what to do to prevent them and get rid of them but it's unclear to find out if I talk to dentist or doctor? You can find out what they are but not what causes them ? I use a cotton bud to get rid of them but it still feels uncomfortable like i have something in my throat ?

Gatekeeper Sat 20-Feb-16 06:55:21

Neither Dentist or doc can do anything to help. Best thing is nasal irrigation , gargle twice a day with solution of 3 % hydrogen peroxide sticking your tongue out as far as you can and flushing out tonsil crypts with warm salty water weekly. Waterpiks are good for this. Also increase your water intake

NeckingtheNightNurse Sat 20-Feb-16 06:57:37

Ok well I've not heard of this advise yet so Thankyou ! I will give that a try

paap1975 Fri 18-Mar-16 11:00:24

Get your tonsils out. I used to get them (basically because I'd had so many tonsil infections). They smell horrid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now