Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do I take anti b or not? Possible UTI

(6 Posts)
eosmum Thu 18-Feb-16 14:49:37

I'm miserable constantly feel like I'm bursting for the loo. Horrible feeling when I do, not burning more like there's still more to come. It's been going on over a week now. Went to GP on Tuesday with a urine sample it was clear no infection. She gave me a prescription for anti b in case it didn't clear up. I've taken a day off work as I wet myself on the bus yesterday. I've only drunk water for over a week, I've avoided citrus etc. I've taken the cistapurin sachets twice a day for over a week and I'm no better. Drunk gallons of water. Don't know what to do, if there's no infection what is this?

EnidB Thu 18-Feb-16 18:27:22

Poor you! Ring the surgery, if it hasn't cleared up, and you aren't meant to take the antibiotics you need another appointment. Maybe one of the GPs can give you advice over the phone - of course it is a Friday tomorrow! Or maybe you could ring your out of hours service and get a GP appointment tonight at the hospital?

Bringiton2016 Thu 18-Feb-16 18:50:49

I would say take the antibiotics, I've had so many utis and they hardly ever show in my samples, usually because I've drank about 10 litres of water by the time I get to the gp. Don't sit there suffering when you've been given medication. Good luck.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Thu 18-Feb-16 18:55:05

Take them

eosmum Thu 18-Feb-16 21:10:18

Thanks guys, I got the anti biotics. Had a temp when I checked. I did wonder if it could be because I had drunk so much water. Forgot to mention I'm in ireland so no out of hours or walk in available and would have to fork out another 65euro for another appointment.

Bringiton2016 Fri 19-Feb-16 06:31:51

That's good. They should work quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now