Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Slight dizziness - brain tumor????

(12 Posts)
Notcontent Mon 15-Feb-16 14:01:28

I am early 40s and generally healthy, but in December I started getting some slight feelings if dizziness during the day - it came and went. I thought It had gone but now seems to have come back. I am quite worried about it - I keep thinking it may be a brain tumor. I am being investigated for some possible thyroid issues - don't have the results back yet - but this seems unrelated and is really worrying me.

I have had a pretty stressful time over the last year - so maybe that's it - but the brain tumor thing keeps worrying me. Anyone had similar symptoms?

Thegreatunslept Mon 15-Feb-16 14:04:20

Could be vertigo

Leslieknope45 Mon 15-Feb-16 14:04:57

Have you told the doctor your concerns?

Leslieknope45 Mon 15-Feb-16 14:05:32

A number of relatives and colleagues have brain tumours and none of them had dizziness as a symptom.

Snoopadoop Mon 15-Feb-16 14:07:12

You should see your gp. Dizziness is often down to the ears or blood pressure issues. For you do stress and worry about brain tumours is quite extreme. Are you normally so anxious?

BosomySusan Mon 15-Feb-16 14:10:19

Dizziness I'd associate with blood pressure issues much more than brain tumours. i get bouts of dizziness due to anaemia. There's a whole load of pretty benign things it could be!

Getit Mon 15-Feb-16 14:16:19

I get this a lot and just put it down to sinuses
Could be vertigo, anemia , labyrinthitis , ?

marmaladegranny Mon 15-Feb-16 14:16:40

I had dizziness, sometimes completely debilitating, that no one could solve; it went on for 2-3 years. I went to a physio for leg pain and the dizziness hit me when I got off the couch. The physio asked if he could look at my neck and discovered that I had a trapped nerve, he was able to free it with massage and no more dizziness since then (over a year ago)!!

rosebiggs Mon 15-Feb-16 14:20:44

My Mum gets dizzy spells which are linked to high blood pressure.

Notcontent Mon 15-Feb-16 14:31:17

Thank you!
I do have low blood pressure... I will talk to my doctor. And yes, I do get anxious about things like that.

MadamDeathstare Mon 15-Feb-16 14:36:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tanfastic Mon 15-Feb-16 16:05:48

I suffer from positional vertigo and get dizzy if I lie flat or look down. Is there any particular head movement setting g this off?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now