Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Photo inc - should mum get this checked? Prior sunbed use 10+ years ago

(10 Posts)
CraigRevelHorwoodsPetCat Sun 14-Feb-16 13:13:32

Mum's leg - I don't think it's an ingrown hair. I've been on at her to get this checked but she thinks I'm being silly. As I said - prior sun bed abuse 10+ years ago

Just a quick yes or no will suffice

Thank you grin

angelpuffs Sun 14-Feb-16 13:52:16

No- in my opinion. And I'm a hypochondriac! X

FarrowandBallAche Sun 14-Feb-16 14:32:52

Has it changed or been bleeding?

anywinewilldonow Sun 14-Feb-16 14:36:55

Looks like a dermatofibroma (google it), which isn't a problem. I've had one on my leg for years.

Bringiton2016 Sun 14-Feb-16 14:38:08

How long has she had it? Can't tell from the pic, but is the skin flaky?

CraigRevelHorwoodsPetCat Sun 14-Feb-16 16:32:02

Thanks very much. This has just appeared in the last few weeks. Her legs are flaky due to lack of moisturising after shaving - but I have googled and it does look like a dermatofibroma. I was just worried because of the edges and how raised it is. And she was addicted to sun beds a long time ago!

Thanks again grin

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 14-Feb-16 16:35:41

For future reference OP:
www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/type/skin-cancer/about/skin-cancer-symptoms

It looks fine to me (a total non expert), but I would keep an eye on it.

TheAussieProject Sun 14-Feb-16 18:46:04

It could also be a basal cell carcinoma. Don't ask the internet, ask the GP.

PrincessHairyMclary Sun 14-Feb-16 18:51:08

My mum had a basal cell carcinoma on her face and it looked very similar ( it would grow/ bleed then shrink again and repeat). The GP saw it during an unrelated appointment, she had an appointment at the hospital within a week and removed a fortnight after that.

PurpleDaisies Sun 14-Feb-16 18:52:52

It is very difficult to diagnose anything over the Internet. If she's worried, she should see the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now