Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ringworm

(12 Posts)
mumtoseven Fri 12-Feb-16 20:37:46

Help I've got ringworm 😟

So I went to gp on Tuesday as I had a sore on my foot (heel) that wasn't healing. Started as a blister and 2 months later has spread also it has a pulsating sensation sometimes Doctor diagnosed it as ringworm and gave me some daktacort cream.
Since then I've started getting ringworm on my legs,arms,stomach,neck and back. A few spots on each area. I feel itchy just looking at it.
Have tried to avoid touching areas (except when applying cream), been careful with towels/clothes, but it just seems to be spreading.

dementedpixie Fri 12-Feb-16 21:55:05

Doesn't sound like ringworm if it was a blister. Could you go back and see whether there is something else they could prescribe

dementedpixie Fri 12-Feb-16 21:58:05

Does it look similar to this?

mumtoseven Fri 12-Feb-16 22:11:37

the ones on the rest of my body do, the one on my foot is more of a cut/sore with a large red ring around it.

dementedpixie Fri 12-Feb-16 22:13:44

Discoid eczema looks similar. It can often get confused with ringworm

dementedpixie Fri 12-Feb-16 22:16:23

I would go back as I don't think ringworm spreads as quickly as that

mumtoseven Fri 12-Feb-16 22:18:56

This was taken earlier today, the skin heals over it but crack and peels off .

donajimena Fri 12-Feb-16 22:21:22

I had it and I can remember the pulsating sensation. I had tablets as well as cream but I can't remember what they were called as I lived in Spain at the time.

BlackSwan Fri 12-Feb-16 22:25:42

You can take oral terbinafine but you may have to have your liver function checked in order to take it. If it is ringworm and you have it everywhere, I would take it.

dementedpixie Fri 12-Feb-16 22:27:21

I'm not a doctor but that doesn't look like ringworm

dementedpixie Fri 12-Feb-16 22:28:41

Was it a blister from a shoe? More likely to be a bacterial infection

mumtoseven Sat 13-Feb-16 13:48:07

yes started off as a small blister from new shoes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now