Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

cheaper abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) in the uk??

(4 Posts)
leighcee98 Tue 09-Feb-16 04:32:36

hi , just wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to get a cheaper tummy tuck here in the uk, the cheapest I have found is £5000 grin I cant afford that! anyway.. my tummy muscles have separated which causes constant pain in my back, and I hate the way it looks, its wrinkly, saggy and I have a fatty 'pouch' that I cannot shift even when im underweight. it is really depressing me, im not entitled to an nhs tummy tuck, doc said its near on impossible to get funding for it. I know in America they have schemes where students watch or take part for a reduced price but haven't found anything in the uk. if anyone has any advice id really appreciate it, this has changed my life so much, I just want my body back
thanks for reading

stairway Tue 09-Feb-16 10:59:46

Would liposuction be cheaper?

leighcee98 Tue 09-Feb-16 19:35:35

I don't think liposuction would work with my skin been wrinkly sad

mommy680 Wed 10-Feb-16 10:28:22

I’m not sure about the cost of tummy tuck in UK, but I think cost varies depending upon the region. One of my friends had undergone tummy tuck surgery from Cosmedical Rejuvenation Centre in Toronto ( www.cosmedical.ca/procedures/body/tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty-toronto/?a=3 )a year ago and she says it was affordable for her. She also asked me to undergo the surgery but as I’m scared to go under the knife, I workout regularly and reduced 30 lbs. I think proper diet and exercise could help you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now