Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood flow studies on my arteries

(1 Post)
Zorigami Fri 05-Feb-16 19:55:47

I had a blood flow study on the arteries in my arms today - an ultrasound under my collar bone basically. At rest the velocity was normal, however with movement etc it went up to almost 400. I actually haven't got a clue what this means. I did ask but they have to write a report. (I am also going for an MRI on my neck in about 10 days.) This has all come about because I had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand which didn't seem to work that well, so I said I didn't want the right hand done, but it got worse so they decided to investigate my elbows etc, did an oxygen saturation test and with my hands elevated went down to 75%, hence blood flow test and MRI.

Can anyone explain what the whole velocity thing is. I did google it, but we all know Dr Google isn't the best way to get an answer.

Sorry for the medical history, but didn't want to drip feed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now