Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Injured knee four weeks ago - am I wasting doc's time?

(3 Posts)
MarvinKMooney Wed 03-Feb-16 23:09:38

I came off my bike on black ice four weeks, and landed heavily on my right side, with my bike on top of me.

I had glorious technicolour bruising at the front and outer side of my right knee which has now largely gone, but I've still got quite a bit of pain on each side and behind my knee, especially when I bend my leg (eg when crouching down with the kids).

I'm rubbish at going to the docs, as I hate to think I'm wasting their time. If this was you, would you go and get it seen to, or are they simply likely to say rest it and take painkillers??

What would you do? I can't make up my mind!

crappyday Wed 03-Feb-16 23:17:26

Go- I had a knee injury skiing which niggled for ages. GP had no idea what was wrong- had an x-Ray & referred to physio.
Physio knew within 5 minutes what was wrong. Gave me ultrasound & exercises and it gradually got better.

ArabellaRockerfella Thu 04-Feb-16 17:42:34

I hurt my knee skiing, I thought I had just twisted it but after 6 weeks it was still painful and swollen. I had a scan and I had torn the meniscus in my knee and also had a torn ligament. I had to have keyhole surgery to trim the damaged tissue and 'clean out' the joint.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now