Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Don't know what to do - d and v

(7 Posts)
Noeuf Sun 31-Jan-16 13:18:36

I had a thread (about Imodium) earlier but I don't know what to do.
On 3rd Jan I had d and v for 3/4 days then 2 days at work, then on the Monday 11th it started again and I saw a GP and stayed off work, went back Monday 18th woke up tues threw up and had diarrhoea and was signed off. Monday 25th to yesterday was fine , eating normally but really tired. Today, woke up early with nausea, loads of episodes of diarrhoea and three bouts of sickness.i don't know what to do next.
Bloods weren't worrying (ie something bad) and stool sample was normal.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 31-Jan-16 13:21:55

my initial thoughts are IBS. could you keep a food diary? take some pro-biotics as your gut bacteria may be abit off balance. some people become lactose intolerant after a bout of d&v. it goes after a while. horrid for you x

Noeuf Sun 31-Jan-16 13:30:17

Yes I could, does that involve vominting though?
Thank you

TheoriginalLEM Sun 31-Jan-16 13:38:56

not sure about the vomiting tbh but that could be due to unsettled gut bacteria

Noeuf Sun 31-Jan-16 14:03:30

Ok thank you.
It's bloody crap !

teacher1984 Sun 31-Jan-16 14:21:11

Read the reviews on this; sounds like this might be what you need:-

OptiBac Probiotics Saccharomyces boulardii - Pack of 80 Capsules https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0056PHUGG/ref=cmswwrcpp_awdCDHRwbYJ73WBSS__

Also have a look at this:-

OptiBac Probiotics - For bowel calm - 16 Capsules https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0015XDLWA/ref=cmsww_rcpp_awd_2EHRwb1KXWHP4

It sounds more like a bug that you're struggling to shift? Saccharonmyces can really help to clear it out your system so I would definitely try it if I was you.

Good luck!

Noeuf Sun 31-Jan-16 14:39:55

Thank you , I think it might be a bug but also maybe over sensitive due to all the chucking up etc.
Will read the links - don't think anything can hurt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now