Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Still Bleeding After 4 Month :(

(5 Posts)
mummyoftwo83 Fri 29-Jan-16 21:02:20

Hi everyone,

I had my baby girl nearly 4 month ago now and am still having post birth issues sad It was a relatively uncomplicated birth until after when I had to have a manual removal of placenta and haemorrhaged needing 2 blood transfusions. I recovered relatively quickly but as of yet am to stop bleeding. I still have a tender stomach and get horrendous spells of dizziness and sickness. Iv been to the doctor numerous times and they've tried all the usual, antibiotics, changing my pill, taking me off the pill and finally today I had a scan to check for anything that may have been left behind, nothing was found and they say all looks normal. I am just so tired and stressed and desperately wanting it all to go away sad has anyone else experienced this post birth and what was the outcome? I now keep thking something else must be wrong and have no idea what the next steps are?

timeforachangeofusername Sat 30-Jan-16 10:06:54

Can't help in any way sadly but just wanted to send some sympathy your way. Sounds pretty rubbish and I hope it gets better soon.

mummyoftwo83 Sat 30-Jan-16 10:28:49

Thank you, just ready for everything to go back to normal and begin enjoying my baby girl sad I also get married in 5 month and am desperate to loose this extra baby weight x

PizzaConnoisseur Sat 30-Jan-16 10:57:27

I had the same thing after a caesarean. I bled for about 6 months after the birth of my daughter, and every time it stopped, it would just start again days later. The bleeding was sometimes dark and slimy looking, and I had cramps which were almost like period cramps.

I had swabs, several courses of antibiotics, a scan for retained products and a smear test (I recommend this as a 'just in case'). The last suggestion made to me, was to try a contraceptive pill, but in the end things settled down on their own. The doctors assumed my bleeding was hormonal, although I had no tests done (maybe I should have). If you are worried, just insist your GP continues to investigate.

mummyoftwo83 Sat 30-Jan-16 11:45:46

I have the doctors again on Monday and I'm assuming they will just tell me it is hormonal too (at my ultrasound the girl pretty much says this) I am due a smear in March but can they do this when you are bleeding? I should be happy the ultrasound never showed anything but still so much in the dark sad I didn't have a period after my wee boy (3year ago) so was surprised I even fell pregnant again, maybe this is karma for having it so easy 1st time round lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now