Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Piles...what is normal and what are my options? Tmi.

(6 Posts)
DextersMistress Fri 29-Jan-16 09:52:54

I've had them since having dc1 5 years ago, and they got worse with dc2. The past 18 months they have been awful, they bleed a ridiculous amount every time I go to the toilet, even the slight pushing to have a wee causes them to bleed.

There's also a lot of jelly like mucus which smells terrible. I think they're mainly internal but if I've been on my feet for more than a couple of hours they drop down and I'm in considerable pain for a day or two.

I saw the GP a year ago who diagnosed irritated piles and constipation, I was given movicol which I still take whenever I get backed up but the piles haven't improved at all.

So I think a trip back to the doctor is in order, but what can I expect? Is filling the toilet bowl with blood normal when you have piles?

WitteryTwittery Fri 29-Jan-16 09:54:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

steppemum Fri 29-Jan-16 09:56:24

You sound in a lot of discomfort.
My friend had pile after childbirth that wouldn't clear up, after about 6 months she was offered some sort of laser treatment which zapped them (can you tell I'm not a medic grin)

So go back to Gp, and regardless of constipation etc, ask him/her to sort the pile out.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Fri 29-Jan-16 09:58:19

Yes OP if they aren't healing you can have them banded by a colorectal surgeon. I recently took a relative to hospital to have it done

7to25 Fri 29-Jan-16 10:03:32

You need to take fybogel or similar every day. Increase the dose till you are passing a formed, bulky soft stool every day. The cycle of constipated, backed up and treated will movicol is not good. Drink plenty of fluids.
When you are pooing with regularity and ease, go to a GP for a surgical opinion if they continue as they are now.
Get your haemaglobin checked.

DextersMistress Fri 29-Jan-16 10:32:50

Have ordered fybogel. Thank you, I'll make an appointment too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now