Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Prolapse??

(5 Posts)
TreeHuggerMum1 Thu 28-Jan-16 18:19:53

So... I'm 36, 3 kids aged 10, 7 and 4.
Always been fine "down there" and have had a coil for around 2 years.
Recently Ive had a few leaks down below over the last few days, I have pressure between my legs, I always feel like I need a wee even if I've just been, my bowel habits aren't quite right, nothing major, a touch of constipation. I've had either light periods or spotting every couple of weeks over the last couple of months. However, I'm in no pain at all. It's more of an inconvenience.
Does this sound like just woman getting older trouble or a prolapse?
Anyone has any experience of this?
Ta muchly.

PollyPerky Fri 29-Jan-16 08:15:55

You're 36- you are not old!!!

Are you doing your pelvic floor exercises? Try those and see if the leaks stop.

Have a look at the website of physio Michelle Kenway.

If you are bleeding at odd times you need to see your GP because your coil might have slipped, gone missing or whatever. The leaking and the spotting are 2 different issues.

TreeHuggerMum1 Fri 29-Jan-16 08:35:51

Thanks for your reply. I've always done pelvic floor excercises, even before the children and more so after so I think I'm quite firm (not sure that's the correct term).
I've made a GP appointment for today and will go from there.

PollyPerky Fri 29-Jan-16 09:10:29

If your pelvic floor is strong, then you won't leak. Prolapses occur when the PF is weak.

You need to make sure you do them correctly - have a google for Gussie grips and Michelle kenway- and they suggest 10 sets 3 times a day, holding for 10 seconds each squeeze.

If you have been doing this, fine, but if not then your GP will most likely suggest this first, then /and an appt with a women's physio to check your PF function.

It can take 6 months of exercises to build up the PF but if you did this and no change then they might consider surgery.

Good luck and report back!

TreeHuggerMum1 Fri 29-Jan-16 11:15:25

Hi again.
So back from the GP and he has confirmed I have a prolapse and referred me to Gynae. He has said he would imagine it will require surgery and has said its a fairly straight forward op etc.
I'm glad i went and got some answers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now