Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If you're constipated can it stop you having a wee?

(6 Posts)
TommyandGina Wed 27-Jan-16 13:20:24

ds (13) is a full time wheelchair user and is frequently constipated. He wears pads full time. On Sunday evening he was very lethargic and went to bed very early and after a struggle managed a poo (sorry), called me into his bedroom to change him and there was the biggest wee I've ever seen on his sheets. Could it be that the poo was blocking the wee from coming out?

adolfsmithzx Wed 27-Jan-16 13:28:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

emwithme Wed 27-Jan-16 13:57:40

I've been so constipated before that the wee just couldn't get out. The minute the blockage was removed (yay movicol) I had the biggest wee ever - it must've been a good litre or so.

Obviously the plural of anecdote is not data but still...

TommyandGina Wed 27-Jan-16 18:37:03

Thanks em that must have been a relief for you

Musicaltheatremum Wed 27-Jan-16 20:45:43

Yes, it can. Quite a common cause.

Undertheboredwalk Wed 27-Jan-16 20:49:45

Definitely can, DD has condition that meant in the past she was regularly constipated and it has caused this a few times, once so bad that her whole body swelled up and she had to go to hospital for catheterisation because we just couldn't get her bowels moving! Worth keeping an eye on if he suffers regularly, it can get quite serious if blockage isn't shifted soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now