Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Post pregnancy health problems

(4 Posts)
Kjs81 Tue 26-Jan-16 22:02:36

Hi all,

In the 2.5 years since my lb was born I have continued to develop various health problems. Prior to his birth I was very healthy, never really got sick - only issue was unexplained infertility which led to his IVF conception.

Fast forward two years- I have food intolerances, worsening asthma, skin rash flare ups, ovulation pain (possibly caused by CS adhesions) and just generally lots of strange flare ups. I'm now waiting on an endscopy procedure to investigate severe acid reflux which has arisen suddenly in past few months and isn't being alleviated by medication.

Has anyone else experienced such post pregnancy issues? One GP mentioned it being an auto immune response but didn't really elaborate. My main concern is if a second pregnancy would worsen the situation - I can't bear the thought of being left with even more health conditions?

Any advice much appreciated!

VocationalGoat Tue 26-Jan-16 22:09:28

Two auto-immune disorders that come to mind are Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Lupus (my mother has Hashimoto's and my dad had Lupus).
Have you been tested for diabetes recently?
Those are the three things I'd be looking into.
Have you had your bloods done recently and if so, did they do a thyroid panel?

Kjs81 Tue 26-Jan-16 22:19:20

Bloods were done last week at the same time as my referral for endoscopy. Not sure if thyroid panel was included though - will check when I get the results at the end of this week.

Thanks smile

Kjs81 Wed 27-Jan-16 21:35:23

Bumping in case anyone else has advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now