Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Menstrual cup

(4 Posts)
EverythingsDozy Tue 26-Jan-16 08:39:05

Needing some quick help here!! I've got a femmecup lite which I've had for a year, but just recently it's started to slip making sitting down very uncomfortable!! Standing up, however, is fine. Is it worth getting the larger mooncup? (For information - I'm 26 on Sunday and have had two vaginal births) It's a big sum of money for me to spend for anything that might have the same problem! Anyone have any advice??

DesertOrDessert Tue 26-Jan-16 08:51:19

I suspect it's reaching the end of its life. Think the lite has a much shorter lifetime than other cups.
If your looking for a slightly cheeper option than a mooncup, try a MeLuna cup. Love mine, or a browse of other stuff on the market

EverythingsDozy Tue 26-Jan-16 09:12:03

Yeah I think it only lasts a year. I bought it because it was cheap and more like a tester but I won't go back to tampons now! I tried over Christmas because I was staying out (and I'm not sure many people are receptive to having a cup cleaned in their sink!) but it was horrible! Never ever again!!

ThatsHowYouGetAnts Tue 26-Jan-16 09:13:45

I'd also recommend Meluna. Loads of sizes to choose from.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now