Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What to take for earache?

(3 Posts)
morningsidee Fri 22-Jan-16 12:41:32

I've got terrible ear and neck ache, and at a total loss as to what to take. I've been taking ibuprofen and paracetamol but it's not touching it. Tried to get a doctors appointment but the next 'urgent' appointment is in 2 weeks - must plan my illness better next time sad

DesertOrDessert Fri 22-Jan-16 17:47:59

Heat is the other thing.
A warm hot water bottle, wrapped in something soft, on your ear and neck, and maybe try some ear drops in your ears, in case that works?
Mum used to put warmed olive oil (maybe special, I can't remember) in my ears when they were bad, and then a big wadge of cotton wool.
Hope your feeling better soon. Ear ache sucks - and I can still remember it having had my adeniods removed to stop the infections 30 years ago. flowers

morningsidee Fri 22-Jan-16 21:36:22

Thank you smile I popped into the pharmacy and they recommended I went back to the doctors surgery to speak to the duty doctor. Managed to get an appointment with the prescribing nurse, who's given me antibiotics for a ear infection. Hopefully that clears it up! Plenty of rest with a hot water bottle this weekend I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now