Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sinusitis and dizziness = sinus infection?

(4 Posts)
MrsJorahMormont Tue 19-Jan-16 17:17:58

I have chronic sinusitis and use Dymista spray for it. Since before Christmas I've been having dizzy spells too and my sinuses feel quite congested. Lots of green and bloody gunk in the last few days and I just feel exhausted. Went to bed at 8pm last night and I'm still exhausted today.

Does this sound like a sinus infection? Should I be going to the GP for antibiotics? Any other ideas? I was going to get one of those NeilMed sinus bottles too.

Anomia10 Tue 19-Jan-16 22:27:42

It sounds like a sinus infection to me. I find decongestants and paracetamol usually shift it just as well as anti-biotics. I did have my sinuses washed out once - they have been better since then.

mineofuselessinformation Tue 19-Jan-16 22:30:45

Yes, it does sound like an infection. See your GP. It's notoriously difficult to treat, so you will need some long-term antibiotics.
Ask advice about using a sinus rinse, as some can force the infected material into your middle ear.

MrsJorahMormont Wed 20-Jan-16 01:50:31

Thanks. I'm so tired but my sleep is all over the place. In bed at 8pm again tonight, couldn't keep my eyes open but now of course I'm wide awake angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now