Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any dentists around? Why did this dentist try to put me off having an implant done?

(1 Post)
bigTillyMint Wed 13-Jan-16 21:54:42

My back right bottom molar which was heavily filled (and I thought had been root canalled) broke a while ago and my usual dentist advised me of the options and gave me the name and number of a dentist who does implants who they recommend.

I also asked around friends and got a recommendation for another dentist who has done an implant for her. I went to see this one this evening. He was very nice, but basically told me that I would be better leaving it as it is (broken off just below the gum-line) because he didn't think a root canal had been done, and it is situated very near to a nerve.

I am now extremely confused as to what is going on! Are there any dentists who can shed any light? Why would my dentist recommend an implant. Surely she would know enough to know whether it would be a good idea or not?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now