Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Delaying period every other month.

(7 Posts)
TickledOnion Mon 11-Jan-16 10:46:22

My period is due on a particularly inconvenient date in January, March and May this year assuming it stays regular. I only need to delay it by a couple of days each time. Does anyone know if it is safe to take Norethisterone this often?

dementedpixie Mon 11-Jan-16 19:56:15

Do you take the contraceptive pill? If so you could take packets back to back

TickledOnion Tue 12-Jan-16 23:48:43

I'm not on the pill as DP has had the snip. I would have taken back to back packets without worrying. So I suppose there's no reason not to. I'll still have a normal period in Feb, April and June.

MountainDweller Wed 13-Jan-16 11:47:31

If you take two packets back to back your next period will be a week earlier than it would have been - which might solve your date problem. Starting it mid cycle can throw your body off a bit though.

MeadowHay Wed 13-Jan-16 16:14:53

Should be fine, wouldn't worry about it if I were you. smile

RoseDog Wed 13-Jan-16 16:18:52

Ask your gp for northisterone (I think its called) for delaying your period, you need to start taking it 3 days before your period is due.

Sidge Wed 13-Jan-16 16:47:04

Bear in mind that norethisterone can throw your cycle out of kilter, so delaying your period in January may mean that the following month is unpredictable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now