Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Zopiclone

(11 Posts)
Supermanspants Sat 09-Jan-16 17:50:44

I have just been prescribed Zopiclone to address quite severe insomnia. I am having half a tablet. I am feeling really quite unpleasant nausea for most of the next day to the point that I feel I need to throw up. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to try and tackle this? I am due to see my GP in two weeks to review how things are going.

Wishtherewasawayout Mon 11-Jan-16 00:52:17

I didn't feel nausea when taking this in the past but sometimes very drowsy and lethargic the following day. I think Any side effects the following day are lessened the earlier in the evening that you take it. Good luck.

Eva50 Mon 11-Jan-16 14:18:05

I don't have any side effects at all from it. I would go back to your GP sooner if it doesn't settle. Perhaps they could prescribe something different.

Supermanspants Mon 11-Jan-16 18:04:17

Thanks for the responses.
Will hopefully be bale to get something different

Freeriver Mon 11-Jan-16 19:51:30

What dosage have you been prescribed?

Branleuse Mon 11-Jan-16 20:09:58

I dont have this side effect. Maybe its not sutable for you x

Branleuse Mon 11-Jan-16 20:11:13

Zolpidem makes me feel hungover the next day but zopiclone seems to be mostly side effect free. Although it never works for more than a couple of days in a row, then i need a break

aprilanne Mon 11-Jan-16 20:13:01

hubby said he felt tired and a terrible dry mouth .he now takes zolpdiem .sleeping tablet but no side affects so he says

AwkwardSquad Mon 11-Jan-16 21:10:08

I found zopiclone didn't work well for me at all. Didn't really help me get to sleep, and I felt lousy the next day. And it gives you a weird taste in your mouth.

I've had better experiences with the one a night antihistamines like Sominex or Nytol, although I'm still a bit fuzzy until about lunchtime the next day.

AwkwardSquad Mon 11-Jan-16 21:12:25

Temazepan... Now that was lovely, but it's a benzo so can only be prescribed for a very short term. And I can understand why!

Uphillanddowndale12 Wed 13-Jan-16 02:35:28

I had zpoiclone and felt nauseous and groggy in the mornings - it did help with my chronic insomnia but when it came to withdrawing I went into rebound insomnia so all the good work of getting a couple of weeks of good sleep felt as if it had been cancelled out as I was back to lying awake at night.

I found a book bySasha Stephens really helped me sort my insomnia out - it was recommended on m'net

Mind you I'm writing this at 2am with a bout of insomnia BUT I'm ok with it it's the first time in a week and I'm doing what the book tells me to do, which is get out of bed and do something smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now