Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

lump under skin

(2 Posts)
paulhurley6543 Sat 09-Jan-16 15:32:26

In march I am having CO2 fractional laser surgery on my face to remove acne scars (red marks, craters etc).

However I also have a large lump under my skin on my left cheek.

I have done lots of research and I can't find anything on the internet about it. It doesn't even seem to have a name. Maybe it is unique to me. The doctor I saw didn't seem to know anything about it and he didn't know any way to get rid of it.

So what do I do? I just want to know if it can be removed or not but how do I find out?

Obviously if it can be removed, now is the time because if it is cut open it will leave a scar then the laser treatment will remove that scar.

Thank you

mamaneedsamojito Sat 09-Jan-16 19:30:29

Could it be a cyst? I had one removed a couple of years ago. I have a scar but it's only tiny and very slightly indented. Had to go private though as the NHS wouldn't do it - it was classed as cosmetic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now