Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had a squint straightened as an adult?

(8 Posts)
jellycake Fri 08-Jan-16 22:21:17

Long story short- had a squint straightened twice as a child, first op over corrected. In the last 6 or 7 years, it has gone out again and I am debating whether to have it straightened. Am worried about getting double vision and just wondered if anyone had experience of this?

Whitecoconut Fri 08-Jan-16 22:47:15

Hi, I've just had an appt yesterday and the doctor agreed I can try botox injection as I'm not keen on surgery.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Fri 08-Jan-16 23:17:48

I had mine 'straightened' at age 7 and again at 19 but my eye still wanders, making me feel self conscious. My eye goes inwards and sometimes also upwards, depending on which direction I'm looking in. WhiteCoconut, did they recommend Botox specifically for your case, or is it widely used nowadays? It's never been mentioned to me before.

MotherofFlagons Fri 08-Jan-16 23:19:45

A friend of mine did, but it was part of a vision-correcting operation.

Whitecoconut Sat 09-Jan-16 00:27:23

I told them myself I would like to try botox first and they agreed. The doctor said I can have one injection first to see how it goes and I can always have surgery if I change my mind. He mentioned double vision so I guess he wants to see how I'll see when my eyes are straightened with Botox before deciding on surgery.

jellycake Sat 09-Jan-16 09:48:27

Whitecoconut was this on the NHS or have you gone private?

Whitecoconut Sat 09-Jan-16 18:11:58

On NHS, my GP referred me.

jellycake Sat 09-Jan-16 18:42:06

Thank you, think I will get mine to do the same wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now