Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Twitching or spasming urethra anyone?

(4 Posts)
Bringiton2016 Wed 06-Jan-16 15:44:15

My urethra (I think) keeps randomly twitching. It's not painful. Just a muscle spasm. I'm going for a wee all the time, but it's not painful and I am actually going for a decent wee each time. I'm ovulating so I think I do get the frequency thing then. I'm also really anxious at the moment which can obviously increase the need to urinate.

The problem is that I've always had this twitching at the start of a uti, which I've really suffered from over the years. So I'm obviously getting anxious about that now.

Is this twitching always the start of a uti?

Bringiton2016 Wed 06-Jan-16 20:05:40

Anyone? smile

Brysonette Sun 10-Jan-16 15:01:02

Hi Bringiton, did you develop a uti?
I have the same twitching sensation but with pain. I was told it was the muscles around my urethra spasming due to an extremely inflamed urethra, diagnosed by cystoscopy. You could have urethritis?

Bringiton2016 Sun 10-Jan-16 15:10:11

Hi thanks for that. I've just had a Google and I don't have any pain. I've another thread going in 30 days only about me weeing all the time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now