Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lupron/Enanton treatment for endometriosis - how long do you bleed?

(2 Posts)
ohdearlord Wed 06-Jan-16 12:57:08

I was on this a year ago for 6 months and felt bloody wonderful (finally!) barring the first two weeks "on-boarding".

I'm back on it now after a progressive, agonising, worsening once my cycle came back. Docs are agreed I won't come off it this time but will take Lival/tibolan as add-back and have regular DXA scans. I'm pleased with the plan and looking forward to feeling like a human again.

I'm now on day 10 of the first injection. Next one due in 4 days (fortnightly for first month, then monthly). The bleeding started 2 days ago. The pain is horrific. I was in overnight for pain management, and home now. It is easing, but still not fun. I feel brighter though - the exhaustion is wearing off. Seeing the pain team tomorrow - but really once the lupron/enanton takes effect I won't need them. But does anyone know how long the bleeding usually lasts? I can't remember from last year.

ohdearlord Thu 07-Jan-16 15:36:03

Anyone any ideas? Still bleeding, in pain and v.tired today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now