Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Incontinence - what to do?

(4 Posts)
allgoodnamestaken Sat 02-Jan-16 11:05:02

Not sure how bad it is. Went to a ceilidh on NYE and literally wet myself. Even after going to the toilet and emptying my bladder I was still wetting myself when dancing. I generally need to stop and squeeze if I sneeze. But every day life is ok, as in it's not a day to day problem.
I've had two babies and it's definitely since them that the problem has appeared. I started doing pilates.
Has anyone else any experience? Will go to GP but was just wondering what is usually recommended?

PollyPerky Sat 02-Jan-16 11:26:49

Pelvic floor exercises first. Do them now before it gets worse.

Can recommend this website by a physio (BTW she advises against Pilates as it can put strain on the pelvic floor unless the exercises are adapted.) She has a part of her site showing which Pilates exercises are damaging.

www.pelvicexercises.com.au/about-michelle-kenway/

30 a day - 3 sets of 10- but follow her guide so you do them properly.

Your GP may refer you to a women's physio who can assess your pelvic floor and then help you to do the exercises.

PollyPerky Sat 02-Jan-16 11:27:53

p.s. if you need to squeeze when sneezing, it IS a day to day problem. Losing control of your bladder altogether when dancing is quite bad- sorry- so get help.

ggirl Sat 02-Jan-16 11:29:56

see your GP , various reasons for incontinence and there are solutions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now