Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

coughing up phlegm

(5 Posts)
als30 Fri 01-Jan-16 13:30:13

Since Tuesday I've had a cough more cattarh than anything else really annoying trying to bring stuff up but feel better today since bringing up a few bits of phlegm which every time have been different colours was brown this morning then green then after that a bit with red in is this normal as started to freak out when I saw it is this OK

fusspot66 Fri 01-Jan-16 13:34:57

Probably need an antibiotic

als30 Fri 01-Jan-16 14:06:44

So far nothing else has came up bit of green right enough but not coughing as much now just my daughter finding it hard to bring up the phlegm now

Pleasemrstweedie Fri 01-Jan-16 16:50:25

It sounds as if it's running its course. See how you are on Monday.

mitsi31 Fri 01-Jan-16 19:07:33

I do feel better not coughing as much past few days it's been non stop coughing almost to the point of coughing my guts up lol and trying to bring the phlegm up has been a nightmare not brought anything else up even daughter seems to be coughing less fingers crossed this is it passing
Usually get catarrh a lot every year no had it as bad as this in a long time has even put me off my food lol xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now