Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Diarrhoea -day 4

(4 Posts)
nilbyname Wed 09-Dec-15 23:18:56

Started on Saturday night and still going now! I've not eaten anything until today and my guts have just emptied- roughly every 20 minutes! It's foul, brown liquid.

I'm drinking as much as I can and trying to eat- but it's hard.

Dh says I should take immodium but I think that's only for emergencies- like if I needed to be somewhere. I think I should let this run its course- no pun intended.

I feel tired but better- u felt horrendous 2 days ago with stomach cramps, aches and pains.

Should I go to work tomorrow- I work with small children! I feel ok- not great- and keep good personal hygiene, but I still have bad diarrhoea!

Should I go to the doctors?

I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself- I have a big weekend that looks like will need cancelling now. sad

MistyMeena Wed 09-Dec-15 23:27:50

Urgh, poor you sounds grim. Please don't go to work tomorrow! If you pass it to a child they are very likely to then pass it through the family. No-one is going to thank you for that the week before Christmas!

Keep drinking water and eat very plain food little and often. Hope you feel better soon

goingtotown Wed 09-Dec-15 23:54:13

Dh had the same illness last week. After 5 days he went to the GP who told him to eat dry toast, & drink flat lemonade for energy. Also to take Diorylte to replace lost fluids. He was unwell for a week. Hope you feel better soon.

nilbyname Wed 09-Dec-15 23:56:20

Thank you- I've Been drinking diorylite- foul stuff! I ate 2 pieces of bread and a very small amount of pasta. Then have been on the loo loads!

I look awful too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now