Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sudden breast pain

(5 Posts)
belindarose Sat 24-Oct-15 07:40:52

Pain in my right breast began yesterday. I haven't had an injury to it and there is nothing visible. It's around/ behind the nipple (I think), but the whol breast is tender if he DC go anywhere near it. Even pyjama top is making it hurt.

I had mastitis when breastfeeding (stopped BF around 2 years ago) and it feels a bit like that but I can't find any swelling.

Any ideas?

waitingforcalpoltowork Sat 24-Oct-15 07:44:08

change your bra? mine hurts when my straps are wrong or a need a new bra i also get breast pain when i get indigestion which is weird hmm

belindarose Sat 24-Oct-15 07:48:59

Seems a bit sudden for it to be the bra but I'll definitely wear a different one today, thanks.

Fyaral Sat 24-Oct-15 07:57:58

It could be mastitis. I got it at 16 with no baby. Pain was the only symptom for about two days. Got more and more debilitating until the breast went red and hard and I got put on anti-bs.

belindarose Sat 24-Oct-15 07:59:45

I'll keep an eye on it for other mastitis symptoms then. I did get mastitis while pregnant too, so quite prone to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now