Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bug or?

(8 Posts)
GeraldineFangedVagine Sat 03-Oct-15 10:57:45

So five days ago i developed really bad diahorreah. The day after it started I began vomiting, I can't keep food or water down still. I have lost 8lbs. I no longer have diahorreah, but still nausea and vomiting and abdominal pain. I don't have a temperature but I feel really knackered, most likely from not eating. I feel full up and my tummy is distended. I'm not sure what to do about it now? I've never had a 5 day bug before, so really I'm asking has anyone had similiar recently?

MummySparkle Sat 03-Oct-15 11:01:43

I'd call your GP and ask for a telephone consultation if you're worried

Smartleatherbag Sat 03-Oct-15 11:02:06

Poor you, get well soon! Yeah I've had a stomach bug that bad. Hideous. Sip rehydration sachets mixed with water if someone can bring them to you, really helps.

Smartleatherbag Sat 03-Oct-15 11:03:32

Oh sorry, just read you can't keep anything down? You may need fluids via a drip? Dehydration is serious so I'd phone out of hours doc

GeraldineFangedVagine Sat 03-Oct-15 11:07:49

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try and get an appt for out of hours, I was in hospital with gallstones three weeks ago so I'm worried it is related to that. Seems crazy to have such a severe bug!

MummySparkle Sat 03-Oct-15 11:38:34

Oh goodness it's Saturday isn't it? Sorry for my not oarticularly helpful post blush Id give 111 a call, they will be able to pass you on to out of hours x

GeraldineFangedVagine Sat 03-Oct-15 18:42:44

So, I went to ooh, think I have an infected gallbladder ;(

MummySparkle Sat 03-Oct-15 20:23:27

Oh goodness, you poor thing. Have they given you anything to help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now