Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Loosing your driving licence

(3 Posts)
Lolimax Wed 02-Sep-15 17:11:56

I may be catastrophising here (prone to do that and Dr Google hasn't helped) but there is a chance that due to a neuro condition I might loose my driving licence. I had a visual field test today and there's been an urgent referral made back to my neurologist. Stupidly I looked it up on the dvla website and worst case scenario is that I might loose my licence. I've been driving since I was 17 and love my independence. I could still work it would just be a pain. Has this happened to anyone else and how did you cope?

Rumours Thu 03-Sep-15 13:39:33

Hi I had to surrender my license earlier this year due to a seizure. I'm undergoing lots of tests for possible epilepsy, the last of which may have shown up something. I'm seeing the neurologist in 6 weeks for feedback. I'm hoping to get this sorted soon so I can get the right medication then finally get my license back. Think I have to wait the full 12 months though before I can get it back. It is a pain not having it but I get why so just get on with it. You have my sympathy smile

Lolimax Thu 03-Sep-15 14:04:11

Thanks Rumours for your reply. No seizures but something's been found and I think there might be a problem with my optic nerve. I've got a neuro appointment next month (like unicorn poo round here) so time will tell. Certainly helps to know others are in a similar situation. How are you coping?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now