Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Asthma

(4 Posts)
Msdj Tue 25-Aug-15 16:07:42

I have been having breathing problems for about three weeks. Had a few different tests to rule other things out. Yesterday I had some respiratory tests which confirmed that I have asthma. The person I saw said that she would send the results to my consultant and then he would decide what to do.

What happens next? How long will I have to wait? Or should I go to see my GP asap and tell him what happened. But then what will he do next? I just want to be able to breathe normally again. Or a little easier would be nice. I am just fed up of waiting that's all and just don't know what will happen next

sunnydayinmay Tue 25-Aug-15 16:51:42

Did they not give you a timescale? A GP can prescribe asthma medication (inhalers and maybe oral steroids). Have they given you anything?

Msdj Tue 25-Aug-15 16:53:52

The hospital didn't give me anything. Just said that the consultant would get in touch with me. But you know what they are like at time scales. Just don't want to be waiting weeks to hear something. But how long do I wait?

sunnydayinmay Tue 25-Aug-15 17:16:55

I would go back to your GP then. They should be able to prescribe a reliever and possible steroids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now