Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

where the hell is my period?

(9 Posts)
Enchufla Mon 17-Aug-15 23:36:49

sorry if this is in the wrong place, mainly posting here for traffic.

I last had a period starting 17th june. I had to take the MAP (levorgenestrel?) on 28th june and i started bleeding and had a mini period on 5th july for 5 days or so. The map packet said if your period is more than 5 days late see a dr so i waited 10 days and made an appointment, did a pregnancy test with first urine which was negative (my 2nd negative test). Dr said all was fine and my periods would have moved to 5th of the month now and if i was pregnant the tests would have shown it up. I have now done 4 negative tests but i still dont have my period...where the hell is it?? Do i test again and keep waiting or see someone or could there be something else going on?

The absolute last thing i want is to be pregnant...i'm not on any other medication, including contraception (using condoms). I only took the MAP cos of a little bit of spillage and i was being careful but its mucked me right up!

Is it possible theres something else going on here?

MollyAir Mon 17-Aug-15 23:38:46

I haven't got it.

Enchufla Mon 17-Aug-15 23:39:49

God damn it all hope of finding it is gone now!

MollyAir Mon 17-Aug-15 23:40:48

Sorry, possibly too jokey, but at least it bumps your thread. thanks Hope you get some responses from people who might know.

Enchufla Mon 17-Aug-15 23:45:15

Haha not at all thanks wink

gamerchick Tue 18-Aug-15 00:00:22

That pill always mucked up my period for at least 3 months until my body reset itself.

I really wouldn't worry.

sadie9 Tue 18-Aug-15 00:07:16

Well I shouldn't think you are pregnant because on a 28 day cycle, if you got a period 17th of June, had un-ish protected sex on 24th, you wouldn't have ovulated at least till 1st July, 7 days later. The MAP could have delayed ovulation the first month thus causing the delay. Then caused the breakthrough bleed on 5th July. Have you noticed any of the clear egg white mucus in the past few days/weeks? Not sure how it works but it does interfere with the cycle, maybe it can take a few weeks till your body goes back to creating enough of its own hormones to kick off ovulation again. If potentially you got pregnant at back in late june early July it'd definitely be showing up on a test now.

Enchufla Tue 18-Aug-15 20:45:23

Thanks guys i'm more at ease now. Doesnt help im going on holiday soon so if i come on then i will have to take norehisterone!

Will keep waiting smile

Sunflower1985 Tue 18-Aug-15 21:05:06

I've been very irregular on this type of pill. Late, early, heavy, light. It seemed to settle down after a few months. I've taken similar ones in the past and now had a period for 6 months. (And I was fine by the way(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now