Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Steroid weight - how much did you put on and how did you lose it?

(5 Posts)
kimcat32 Wed 05-Aug-15 15:32:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kimcat32 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:59:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

574ejones Thu 06-Aug-15 20:59:10

I'm on hydrocortisone for the rest of my life - have been on it for about 14 months. My weight rocketed from 7.5 to nearly 10 stone, but I am now just under 9.5 and have been for about 6 months. I think it is about getting the dosage correct for your body shape and requirements. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never be the same weight or shape as I was pre-steroids.

I am really quite strict about what I eat - gone are the days where I could get away with eating anything. I think if you are not on them constantly, you will probably lose it. It's not easy though.

HTH.

Dragzena Thu 06-Aug-15 21:07:36

I have put on just over 2 stone, now finished medication so hoping to start losing it.

UghMug Fri 07-Aug-15 16:11:49

I put on 4 stone with prednisolone over number of years. I lost 2 in the first 6 months off it & more noticeable than the numbers I lost all the bloat - moonface, buffalo hump and fat fingers all went reasonably quickly. I also lost the energy if gave me tho sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now