Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Unusual Period - TMI

(7 Posts)
PuckyMup Sun 02-Aug-15 13:54:14

Period was expected 2 weeks ago but seems to have started 2 days ago, but its not what I expected. Am having a much lighter flow than normal (normally need to change a pad every 3 hours or so but this is barely enough to stain pants) and its brown not the usual color and definitely none of the normal clots.

I had a similar late period roughly same time last year (think was a month late, may have been longer) but that was normal with no problems - Both times have been after a holiday so I wasn't sure if my body just reacts to flying/change of routine.

Thoughts?

MagpieCursedTea Sun 02-Aug-15 15:33:27

It could be that you just didn't ovulate this cycle and this is just a breakthrough bleed?
It's perfectly normal to not ovulate occasionally, especially if you've been under stress or like you've said, had change in routine.

The other possibility is pregnancy, so if there's a chance of that then take a test.

PuckyMup Sun 02-Aug-15 16:29:48

No chance of pregnancy smile
Think no ovulation is most likely so thats reassuring. I avoided google because that convinces you you're dying in 3 easy clicks grin

MagpieCursedTea Sun 02-Aug-15 17:17:08

Very sensible, Dr Google is always a bad idea!

pinkfrocks Sun 02-Aug-15 17:22:02

Age? Maybe peri menopause?

sunnydayinmay Sun 02-Aug-15 17:25:43

Fot the past three years, I have had a similar experience in January, but at no other timehmm .

I put it down to the rubbish I eat over Christmas, but who knows?

PuckyMup Mon 03-Aug-15 18:25:09

Am 28.

Last year's was just a long gap between them not this weird brown "episode"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now