Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette question

(9 Posts)
Iphoney Fri 31-Jul-15 12:36:06

I am due to start cerazette next af, could be when I am hols, have been reading up on it and worry will I spot constantly? not liking the thought of having panty liner in my bikini bottom or pants for weeks! I've only ever been on the combined pill. Should I start next month? Your experiences much appreciated. Thanks

sarah00001 Fri 31-Jul-15 12:50:38

Hi, I was on Cerazette for couple of years. I spotted during the first month, but only slightly, but then didn't spot at all for the rest of the time and didn't have a period either. I didn't have any problems with it and after I stopped taking it my periods returned pretty quickly although I have heard for others it has taken a while.

A word of warning though, if you want to try for another baby in the future, you shouldn't conceive immediately after stopping taking a progesterone only pill as there are some links with it causing ectopic pregnancy, so it is best to wait a couple of months.

lilyb84 Fri 31-Jul-15 17:39:31

No periods for me either in around 3 years on Cerazette - it's my favourite pill ever! I also conceived very quickly after coming off it, in case that's ever a future concern. Everyone's bodies are different of course, though - so you'll need to see how it goes for you.

exWifebeginsat40 Fri 31-Jul-15 17:43:04

i love Cerazette. spotting for the first 3 weeks or so and since then nothing - no periods no PMT. love it.

MeDearNoDear Fri 31-Jul-15 17:47:50

It's been great for me too, no periods or any problems and I've been on it for a number of years.

Iphoney Sat 01-Aug-15 11:08:37

Thank you for the replies very very helpful.

specialsubject Sat 01-Aug-15 17:49:12

this pill either makes you bleed constantly or not at all - I'm one of the latter although I did have light spotting in the first month. Otherwise, wonderful invention.

but that's my body chemistry and it is possibly very different from yours.

not a big issue but may be an idea to delay one more cycle until after the holiday for predictability.

natdee Sun 02-Aug-15 15:56:52

I'm on this pill. I was originally put on it age 19 and bled constantly for 3 months so I came off it. I reluctantly when back onto it age 25, the nurse told me the 'trick' is to start taking it on the first day of your period. I wasn't hopeful but I'm 29 now and I've not had period since grin xx

Iphoney Mon 03-Aug-15 14:28:55

Thanks, yes I've decided to delay one more cycle until after holiday and start first day! Good tips thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now