Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Peeling mouth-inside

(14 Posts)
cuntyMcCunterson Fri 31-Jul-15 01:43:31

Tuesday and Wednesday I had a funny taste in my mouth kind of raw taste that didn't go away with brushing and was making everything taste odd. Today the inside of my mouth has started peeling in big chunks; roof on my mouth, both cheeks and the Middle of my tongue! It's not painful and I've not burnt/scalded it. The peeling/rawness of my mouth is adding to the funny taste although DH assures me its not causing bad breath, I've repeatedly asked if this is the case.
Should I be worried? Should I see the DR/dentist?

Neednewflowers Fri 31-Jul-15 13:33:37

Probably best to get it checked out it sounds painful.

cuntyMcCunterson Fri 31-Jul-15 20:39:27

It's just such a strange ailment!
I've just had to throw out me tea as it tasted so horrible.

Neednewflowers Fri 31-Jul-15 21:25:23

You're not pregnant?

YouFargingIceHole Fri 31-Jul-15 21:32:06

my friend had this. Thrush possibly? get thee to gp!

Willdoitinaminute Sun 02-Aug-15 22:02:12

May be allergy/ sensitivity to toothpaste. Have started using different one recently? The ' Total' ones are known for causing sloughing of the inside of the mouth.

Willdoitinaminute Sun 02-Aug-15 22:02:34

*you

TamzinGrey Sun 02-Aug-15 22:18:11

I get this if I use certain toothpastes. It's an allergy to one of the ingredients. After years of trial and error I've found that Sensodyne is one of the few products that doesn't cause the skin inside my mouth to peel away.

YesICanHearYouClemFandango Sun 02-Aug-15 22:29:46

I've had this from toothpaste too - Oral B Pro Expert was the culprit in my case

TheSpottedZebra Sun 02-Aug-15 22:35:40

You've not eaten a load of fresh pineapple have you?

I've had this (or something like it ) a few times, when I've eaten pineapple. I call it Pineapple Mouth.

stepmothersknockers Sun 02-Aug-15 22:37:47

I also get this with Oral B pro expert!!!

mineofuselessinformation Sun 02-Aug-15 22:41:25

It could be thrush.
But, it could also be a reaction to something you ate. My dm's mouth peels if she eats some kinds of fish.
Worth getting checked out at gp.

cuntyMcCunterson Mon 03-Aug-15 01:58:38

I have changed toothpaste to pro expert, I didn't make the connection until now after I've brushed my teeth. Started using this about 1 week ago. Will switch to something else and see if it goes away.

I know the pineapple mouth feeling but this is different, and if it's toothpaste related I'm complaining grin

ooohsopink Mon 03-Aug-15 17:57:54

I've had this - I licked the spoon after giving my daughter her amoxicillin - and found out I had an allergy to penicillin. The entire inside of my mouth, except my tongue, sloughed off over a 24hr period. It didn't hurt but eating acidic stuff stung initially so I had to keep to non acidic things.

The skin on the palms of my hands peeled off too. All a bit mad and scary but it went away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now