Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is napping every evening bad ?

(5 Posts)
southeastastra Wed 22-Jul-15 21:10:09

I work full time and have a sleep generally 730 to 830ish every night. I go to bed at ten during the week and sleep until 7. should I worry about sleeping all this time ?

Pomegranatemolasses Wed 22-Jul-15 22:35:20

You do seem to need a lot of sleep! So essentially you go to bed at 7.30, get up for an hour and a half and then go back to bed. I suppose it all depends on what's 'normal' for you.

A few things would strike me: have you always had this pattern of needing loads of sleep, or is this relatively new? Do you have any other symptoms that bother you? How's your mood?

Most of all, if you're sleeping this much during your working week, when do you have time for fun/leisure activities/chatting and relaxing with spouse etc?

trinity0097 Thu 23-Jul-15 07:10:37

Do you snore badly, could you have sleep apnea?

southeastastra Thu 23-Jul-15 18:13:41

I don't go to bed at half seven, just lie on sofa, then get up and go to bed. it's kind of new i usually got to bed at 12 ish. i really do look forward to bed

southeastastra Thu 23-Jul-15 18:14:02

i mean i used to go to bed at 12 a couple of years ago

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now