Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Timings of periods - any way to put them off for a week? (TMI)

(10 Posts)
LeChien Thu 16-Jul-15 19:54:20

Periods have fallen into a three(ish) week pattern.
Next one is due slap bang in the middle of a long weekend away.
How can I put it off?
Can't wear tampons but still want to swim and not be bothered with faffy heavy periods when on holiday!
Mooncups are also out of the question at the moment because for some reason it's causing more pain.

ArgyMargy Thu 16-Jul-15 19:56:06

Go get some drugs. They've been around for a while now...

GirlsonFilm Thu 16-Jul-15 20:00:49

Yes ring GP and ask for a prescription

LeChien Thu 16-Jul-15 20:05:42

I asked for something before as we had a long trip (6 hour round trip) and she wouldn't give me anything as I'm overweight and she said it (can't remember the name - norhist something) wasn't suitable as I may get blood clots.
This would be a shorter trip, so maybe not an issue?
I'll ring up tomorrow.

Ktay Thu 16-Jul-15 20:07:57

Norethisterone didn't really agree w me - not usually prone to PMT but spent my honeymoon having horrendous mood swings angryangrygrinangryangry

LeChien Thu 16-Jul-15 20:22:37

Ah, that might not be so good!

specialsubject Fri 17-Jul-15 13:32:10

norethisterone is worth a try if you can't wear internal protection, because obviously you can't swim otherwise. But as noted, it is a hormone so doesn't affect everyone the same and plain may not work.

longer term a 3 week cycle doesn't seem right, worth some medical advice?

LeChien Fri 17-Jul-15 15:23:47

I've seen a gp about it, but because they're regular it's apparently not a problem. I've been offered the pill, but I'm not keen.
I've had a recent pelvic scan which looked fine.

specialsubject Sat 18-Jul-15 10:46:08

not keen on the pill but considering northeristone?

difference?

glad no problems found.

LeChien Sat 18-Jul-15 16:30:34

Northeristone would be a one off (assuming here, I know very little about it) to put my period off for a few days, although possible mood swings does put me off, I am moody enough anyway blush.

The pill would be long term, which I don't personally feel comfortable with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now