Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding

(13 Posts)
Jo4040 Tue 23-Jun-15 09:18:04

I had a baby six months ago. Around two months I had blood in my discharge which lasted around four days. Swabs were taken and Dr examined me and said she wasn't worried. I started my period about six weeks later. About fifteen days after this finished I had blood in my discharge again for around four days. Period started about three week s after this. Now about 16 days after the first days of my last period I'm bleeding again. It's got worse over the last few days, heavier,needing a pad, few clots. It seems to dry up a bit and then come back. Its been happening now for six days. Iv no pain, no unusual discharge. I'm due for a smear bcz I'm twenty five next month. I had blood tests done at drs yesterday, just waiting for results. I wonder what it could be...

GeorgianaDevonshire Tue 23-Jun-15 21:01:01

Jo - this is the 3rd thread you have started about this. Your doctor and nurse are looking into causes. What you need to do now is to speak to your doctor and get some medication for anxiety and be referred for counselling. You have two young children and you need some help. Talk to your health visitor. Please take care of yourself.

Jo4040 Tue 23-Jun-15 22:02:34

I know, I know. Iv just got a habbit at typing my symptoms into google and then nearly feeling sick at the results, so i started to type stuff on here instead. Iv been feeling abit better today. This mumsnet site has picked me up abit and iv found my sence of humour abit. I'm still very nervous and feeling dread but I'm being stronger for my boys bcz if I carry on I'm going to give them issues. I once found a lump in my breast and didn't eat hardly anything for two weeks until the appointment. The bleeding seems to have gone down a bit now but this happens the other day and then I woke up with a heavy bleed and that's why I had a panic attack at half four in the morning. Thanks again for ur concern tho, I showed ur message to my partner and he looked abit chuffed at what you wrote

Jo4040 Wed 24-Jun-15 18:59:42

Just thought I'd add to this thread that I had my blood results come back today and appapparantly I have low protestorone levels. Don't know if this is a good sign. Every cell in my body wants to type this into Google but my DH won't let meme and won't let me sneek off to do it either. He has aloud me to write on here bcz he has seen some genuine reassurance from this site and it has helped distract me from my worries abit. I'm at Drs this Friday to talk about it all..dreading it..don't wanna think about it...

GeorgianaDevonshire Wed 24-Jun-15 21:59:25

great to hear you are getting some answers. When you go to see your GP on Friday please discuss your health anxiety issues with her.

Let us know how it goes flowers

LuluJakey1 Wed 24-Jun-15 22:48:10

You are probably just re-establishing hormone levels after pregnancy. I have a 6 month old and have had odd length cycles and a really heavy long period one month. GP- who is trained in obgyn - explained how different oestrogen and progesterone dips affect bleeding. She is not treating it because it is evening out but said it is easily treated with pill or other medication short term. Stop googlng and stop worrying.

Jo4040 Fri 26-Jun-15 09:55:41

Been to Dr. Been referred for a ultrasound look at my ovaries. I went into complete meltdown and asked if I was going to die. The Dr said she didn't think so but she didn't say no. I have to have another blood test to check my hormone levels because apparently it's the estrogen that's low. I asked her what might be causing this and she said she doesn't know. It's linked to early menopause but if its that I'm not bothered because that won't kill me and its not that anyway cz iv only just had a baby which was easly conceived. She's put me on tablets to calm me down bcz iv said I won't eat n drink now until after my scan and if they tell me the worst then I'll never eat or drink again

LuluJakey1 Sat 27-Jun-15 18:16:32

Please try not to worry. It is incredibly unlikely to be anything awful. Over rhe years I have had several gynacological problems- severely abnormal cells on a smear- treated twice 10 years ago, not cancer, no further problems.

Odd bleeding- has hystroscopy, was a polyp. Investigated by scans and biopsies and remved during a D and C.

Fibroids.

Every time I have panicked.

Giving birth can upset your hormones. You have done the right thing and gone to the Dr. She sounds as if she thinks it is hormonal. Listen to her.

Jo4040 Sun 28-Jun-15 10:11:32

Thanks lulujakey. Doctor was just so serious. Congratulations with your baby. Hope you are both doing well. My little boy is bloody fantastic. I have moved doctors because half the problem with m anxiety is that I never see the same Dr twice. There always locum doctors who doesn't know me etc. Iv moved to another practice where the doctors own this and you always see the same GP. This will probably give me more confidence in my Doctor. Since getting in touch with my Dr last week I have seen three different GPs about it and had to go through the symptoms allll over again. Hopefully this practice will be better.

Jo4040 Sun 28-Jun-15 13:38:07

Just had a very random phone call of someone booking me into a clinic. It's on Tuesday and iv got to have a full bladder?! Take it the doing an ultrasound, but of what I don't know

GeorgianaDevonshire Sun 28-Jun-15 14:15:04

Some Doctors just have a more serious manner than others so please try not to read anything into that. My husband's GP discusses hay fever in such a solemn manner you'd think he was treating you for the Plague smile. I switched to a more smiley Doctor!

As you are forbidden from Googling, I've done it for you and it says

We usually get better images during transabdominal ultrasound if the bladder is partially filled, so to help your examination we ask you to drink water prior to the assessment. Please empty your bladder 1 hour before your appointment, drink 2 glasses of water and try not to empty your bladder again until after your appointment. A full bladder moves bowel out from the pelvis into the abdomen, helping visualisation of the uterus and ovaries

Jo4040 Sun 28-Jun-15 14:23:36

That's funny about the hayfever. It's just personalities I guess. Thanks for the Google info, its done me good not going on tho. I'll be OK

Jo4040 Tue 30-Jun-15 13:18:19

Been for scan...lady said ovaries n utererus looked OK. Just got to wait five days now to speak to Dr about it....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now