Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cilest: Period starting within hours of taking last pill in pack??

(3 Posts)
isitnearlytime Fri 19-Jun-15 11:50:57

So I took my last pill in the pack last night. This morning I'm bleeding.

This is my 5th month back on Cilest after a break of just over a year. Prior to that I was on it for about 7 years. The same thing happened the first month but I just it assumed it was my body getting used to being back on the pill, especially as it was exactly when my period would've have been had I not been on the pill. For the next 3 packs my period (or withdrawal bleed) started 2 days after taking the last pill, i.e. once my body "realised" I'd started the 7 day break.

I vaguely recall this happening a couple of times before, a long, long time ago when I was on Cilest the first time. I wasn't worried and assumed my body had got so used to bleeding every 4 weeks, sometimes it got slightly ahead of itself! I did mention it to a nurse at one of my pill checks but she didn't seem concerned.

But, should I be worried? Does this ever happen to anyone else?

I would add I did have some investigations about 18 months ago for some bleeding problems which turned out to be fibroids - internal pelvic ultrasound, hysteroscopy and biopsies - all fine, apart from the fibroids of course. The fibroids were "shaved down" but could not be removed. I also had a normal smear test result just a week ago.

isitnearlytime Sat 20-Jun-15 08:30:43

Anyone? I'm a bit worried and seeking reassurance.

I would add that a couple of times ages ago (when I was on this pill in the past) I tried taking the pill back to back to skip a period but still bled anyway. The leaflet said this might happen so I guess the withdrawal of the hormones alone isn't always enough to stop you bleeding and some people just need to bleed once a month iykwim!

isitnearlytime Sat 20-Jun-15 08:54:51

sorry, should say" I guess the pill hormones alone aren't always enough to stop you bleeding"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now