Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

poorly dh

(6 Posts)
bikeandrun Fri 05-Jun-15 16:55:40

I am starting to get worried about my husband, he has severe d and v for 5 days, looks very poorly, he managed some fluids but virtually no food, is very tired and weak. He is a nurse so may have been exposed to some unusual bug, so far no one else in the family has any sign of illness and he cant think of any food only he has eaten. Is it normal for d and v to carry on for so long? He has a past history of ibs, a blood positive for ceolics disease( but negative on biopsy) advised to follow gluten free diet which is does ( not 100% ) previously had cfs type symptoms which seemed to improve with diet and lifestyle change. He has a doctors appointment for Wednesday next week but I just wondered if it unusual for a d and v bug to last for such a long time with very little sign of improvement?

bikeandrun Fri 05-Jun-15 19:03:44

Bump

Baddz Fri 05-Jun-15 19:17:10

It does seem unusual for an adult tbh.
Could you perhaps get a stool sample to the dr?

Baddz Fri 05-Jun-15 19:17:30

Any abdo pain?

bikeandrun Fri 05-Jun-15 20:10:56

Not much pain, been to the walk in, checked him over a bit, feel reassured will see what doc says next week, he was so ill a couple of years back which has had a massive impact on us all. So happy he has been well recently feel a bit panicky about him being ill again, stool sample a good idea.

Baddz Fri 05-Jun-15 20:12:04

Hope the dr can shed some light.
I have Cfs.
It's a bastard of an illness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now