Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it possible to "re-set" your sleeping patterns?

(3 Posts)
BornToFolk Mon 01-Jun-15 20:38:29

I've been having a bit of a stressful time recently and it's having an effect on my sleep.

I drop off to sleep fine. I have a good routine where I wash down a couple of Kalms with a cup of chamomile tea in bed while reading a book. grin So, I'm asleep by 11pm most nights.

However, I keep waking up at 4.30am. Sometimes I'm only awake for a few mins, sometimes it's longer and sometimes I then wake up several more times, before I have to get up at 6.30am-7am.

I'm constantly knackered! I think my mind has just got into a habit of waking up at 4.30am and then I lie there worrying. Can you change you re-set your patterns?

dancemom Mon 01-Jun-15 20:42:58

Yes! Wake to sleep method, works for adults and children!
Set your alarm for 3.30am for 3 days in a row, should reset your body clock

BornToFolk Mon 01-Jun-15 21:46:28

I did wonder about wake to sleep. Would that actually work? Slightly worried that I'd just end up lying there fretting at 3.30am instead of 4.30am and losing out on another hour of sleep! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now