Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in left arm and leg

(5 Posts)
holidayseeker Sun 24-May-15 21:07:36

I have been progressively getting more pain in the last few days.

It started a few weeks ago with a pain in my shoulder/arm and now it runs down to the ends of my fingers and all down my leg all on the left side. I also have a pain in the centre of my back at times.

I have made an appointment with the gp but can't get in until Thursday so not sure if anyone can give any tips until then. I have started taking ibuprofen to try and dull the pain as it is now constant.

TheLastPickleInTheJar Mon 25-May-15 08:38:01

Hi holiday. I don't have any knowledge but thought i'd reply to bump your thread. I can only advise no googling and if it gets worse before your scheduled appt try to get an emergency gp appt or call 111.

I hope someone else comes along who can offer something more.

holidayseeker Mon 25-May-15 10:17:56

Thanks for the reply.

I have woken up again today with that side aching, I keep hoping it will be gone every morning but it never does. Dh is all set now to do activities for bank holiday and I just found miserable saying I don't feel like doing anything due to pain.

TheLastPickleInTheJar Mon 25-May-15 11:43:21

If the pain is interfering with you doing day to day things i really think you should see someone sooner than Thursday. Do you have an out of hours practice that you could go to? I know it's not an ideal way to spend bank holiday. Or call your surgery tomorrow and ask for a same day appointment. They should have some.

holidayseeker Mon 25-May-15 18:07:38

Thanks last pickle, I ended up going with family to watch them swimming. Whilst there I felt much better, maybe because of the heat but as soon as we left I felt the pain coming back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now