Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Long shot... Medical Mystery?!

(13 Posts)
HaloKelly23 Fri 15-May-15 10:58:50

This is a long shot, but worth asking in case anyone here has had any sort of experience with this?!

Basically, for a few days every couple months, or sometimes as often as monthly I get what I can only describe as severe Déjà Vu, but it's 100x worse because it leaves me mildly dizzy, feeling sick & it saps the energy right out of me. I've had it about 4 times today and it only lasts 15-30 seconds but when it's over I feel completely & utterly drained, it makes it near impossible to do anything. I always plan to go to the doctors but by the time I do they've disappeared and I feel alright again!

Anyone know what this could be?! Even if you don't can you comment to keep it bumped! grin

Thanks!!!

HaloKelly23 Fri 15-May-15 10:59:48

I don't know what my phone has done but it's meant to say deja vu!!

Kittykat7 Fri 15-May-15 13:07:26

It sounds like it could be a form of epilepsy. Best to get checked out.

HaloKelly23 Fri 15-May-15 13:13:27

Wouldn't that stop me from driving though? This is where I'm worrying!! If I can't drive I can't work!

sanfairyanne Fri 15-May-15 22:52:50

erm i am also thinking maybe epilepsy so worth ruling that out for sure

gingeroots Sat 16-May-15 09:37:57

You do need to have it checked . Fingers crossed it's not epilepsy as you're right about the driving sad sad

But ....how dreadful would it be if you did have an accident and injure someone ?

PandaNot Sat 16-May-15 09:50:42

Yes, sounds like epilepsy. I understand your fears about driving but surely it's not worth crashing and injuring yourself and others, or worse? Get it checked out soon.

Footle Sat 16-May-15 09:59:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Musicaltheatremum Sat 16-May-15 12:12:55

Could also be migraine with aura but you do need to get it checked.

jalopy Sat 16-May-15 15:53:44

Absence seizures? Definitely get yourself checked by your gp.

CatherineOfAbdomen Sat 16-May-15 16:00:49

Sounds like my friend who has epilepsy. You really can't ignore this.

nocoolnamesleft Sun 17-May-15 02:24:40

Also thinking epilepsy. You really need to get this checked out.

Coyoacan Sun 17-May-15 04:01:51

Sorry OP, but whatever it is called, it can't be safe for you to drive until/unless it is cured.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now