Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Glued wound popped open a bit- any advice from lovely nurse types?

(7 Posts)
spudmasher Tue 12-May-15 22:10:38

Dd had a mole removed onWednesday last week. It's been a bit sore and tonight it popped open about a cm and gunk came out.
We have an appointment tomorrow pm. Do I need to do anything sooner or wait for 5pm check up tomorrow?
Any advice gratefully received.

ragged Tue 12-May-15 22:13:05

Do you have any steristrips? Or just regular fabric plasters?

iliketea Tue 12-May-15 22:15:26

Unless she is feeling unwell or there is a rapidly spreading area of redness around the wound site, she'll be fine until her check up tomorrow.. (Those are both signs of sever infection that probably should not wait, but unlikely with a small mole removal).

I would cover it with a plaster to keep it clean and wait until tomorrow.

spudmasher Tue 12-May-15 22:15:47

I have some square dressings that cover it. Might have some regular plasters in the cupboard.
Thank you for replying!

spudmasher Tue 12-May-15 22:18:01

Thank you iliketea. I need tea!
She seems fine and it doesn't look too angry. Should I keep her home? She's got GCSE revision classes tomorrow and needs to be there. School is a long cross London journey...

iliketea Tue 12-May-15 22:21:12

Honestly, I wouldn't keep her home for that, just make sure she has some clean plasters in case the one she's got on falls off (would you stay off work for a similar issue?).

spudmasher Tue 12-May-15 22:23:45

No! Thanks for the common sense.
It looks worse than it probably is through my mum glasses! Ten metre long gaping pus oozing gash!!
Added to the anxiety of getting the results tomorrow it's all becoming a bit much...I need to get a grip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now