Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bloating and abdo pain - persistebt

(8 Posts)
98percentchocolate Tue 05-May-15 14:18:42

For the last month I have had extreme bloating, abdominal pain, feeling full very fast, and General feeling under the weather. I am in a lot of pain today and feel awful. Doctor in the morning but just wondering what it could be.
I know the symptoms are very similar to Ovarian cancer but I know it won't be that as 6 weeks ago I sent a blood sample to Anthony Nolan as I was called up as a potential match. They test the blood for lots of things and I came back clear of anything. Presumably they would test for cancer traces as standard, so I'm not worried about this being Cancer.
I am worried though. What could it be? These are new symptoms for me.

Ashbeeee Tue 05-May-15 20:05:57

Don't bother with well meaning amateur diagnostics (from yourself via googling, or strangers on here - however lively they are!) get yourself to the GP and see what they say. Don't be fobbed off though. Good luck! And in the meantime, paracetamol.
X

98percentchocolate Tue 05-May-15 20:13:29

Thank you!

RubySparks Tue 05-May-15 20:19:09

Don't want to do amateur diagnosis (!) but could be coeliac disease so worth a mention to doc and getting blood test done.

MugsLife Wed 06-May-15 08:47:45

That does sound a like it could be ibs too, so it may not be anything serious either, but do go to a doctor to get checked. I remember being beside myself with worry and thinking it could be all sorts, but that worrying was just making matters worse for me.

2minds Wed 06-May-15 08:51:13

Yes, my first thought was IBS, but make yourself a doctors appointment and get it checked out

Ashbeeee Fri 08-May-15 13:37:22

How are you feeling today?

98percentchocolate Fri 08-May-15 22:10:06

Thanks so much for thinking of me ash. Still feeling rough, but gp said she thinks it is just down to not drinking enough so I'm to up what I drink and go back if it persists (so far no change)
Sorry for delay in updating - I ended up with awful toothache as a completely separate issue! (All sorted now)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now