Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any home remedies for haemorrhoids until DH can see a doctor?

(16 Posts)
namechangergamechangername Wed 29-Apr-15 10:56:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Wed 29-Apr-15 10:59:05

Holy fuckeroony, do NOT put germolene on his piles, he'll be in AGONY. Or Canesten.

Sudacrem probably won't hurt but won't do much either - can you get Preparation H? Similar to Anusol though, probably.

namechangergamechangername Wed 29-Apr-15 11:00:52

namechangergamechangername Wed 29-Apr-15 11:02:36

Schoolaroundthecorner Wed 29-Apr-15 11:05:04

Witch hazel on cotton pads can help if you can get it.

Imnotaslimjim Wed 29-Apr-15 11:13:25

Sounds like it might have thrombosed. Its incredibly painful. Get him to try the ice again. It can take a little while to reduce. The Dr will likely offer a course of suppositories to help

namechangergamechangername Wed 29-Apr-15 11:16:07

namechangergamechangername Wed 29-Apr-15 11:19:23

agoodbook Fri 01-May-15 21:10:04

My husband swears by Proctofoam, though its on prescription here in UK -only thing that works when they are bad

AuntieStella Fri 01-May-15 21:14:06

Witch hazel is the traditional remedy (though it didn't do much for my pregnancy piles).

If you can get some, soak a sanitary towel in it and shove it up his arse crack. Of put a wet one in the fridge and do the same to see if coldness helps.

paxtecum Fri 01-May-15 21:18:31

This one isn't instant but works well: take a small clove of garlic and wash it down with a large glass of water every morning.

Sid77 Fri 01-May-15 21:20:42

The good news is that if they have thrombosed they will probably pop by themselves and feel instantly better. That's what happened to my 9-month-pregnant self. They were incredibly painful - every movement hurt, really really hurt. Then they popped, bled (little clot came out) and my word, they felt better. Hopefully this will happen to your poor DH. In the meantime put a cold wet cloth in his crack. He has my sympathies; it's hideous.

Suky1980 Sun 03-May-15 05:33:22

Hi I have recently recovered myself from piles. Use Vaseline. This will help him a lot. Apply on the sore area and as far in as possible.

Suky1980 Sun 03-May-15 05:34:23

Also increase fibre intake and have plenty of water.

Sazzle41 Mon 04-May-15 14:59:17

Vitamin B6 three times a day. Really works . Found it on an international home remedies site.

mistymeanour Mon 04-May-15 15:41:57

Vaseline does help. My dad used to sit on a childs blown up rubber swimming ring to raise the painful area when watching TV and used a sitz bath for after BM's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now