Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've got fooking worms again

(47 Posts)
mandmsmummy Thu 23-Apr-15 00:09:40

Can feel them in my fanjo. Yuk. Got them from my DD1(4) last time but she hasn't complained this time. Taken an over but can't meds for family until the morning. X

mandmsmummy Thu 23-Apr-15 00:10:08

Ovex not over!

tobee Thu 23-Apr-15 00:42:15

Just to say, my kids were always giving us worms when they were at primary school. I think they liked sitting on the loo with hands grabbing the seat edge (!) All the washing, changing sheets, hoovering, wearing pants at night, cleaning doorknobs etc. didn't work. The very act of changing a duvet is almost impossible not to winnow eggs, even outdoors.

If you haven't tried already, take the ovex altogether ( we used to pop the pills in our mouths at once to lighten the proceedings!) and then take again a fortnight later and maybe even a fortnight after that. That was the only way we got a bit of respite. I think the last time we got them was when my youngest was in year 8. Sorry that's a bit dismal to hear.

mandmsmummy Thu 23-Apr-15 07:35:32

Thanks for the advice, not nice feeling the blooming things wriggling out! Xx

jalopyjane Thu 23-Apr-15 07:40:10

I feel your pain sad We've got them too. Must be the fourth or fifth time since dd1 started school 2 years ago.

Cluesue Thu 23-Apr-15 07:42:16

How do you know if you have them please

JemFinch Thu 23-Apr-15 17:00:30

In your fanjo?!?!

mandmsmummy Thu 23-Apr-15 22:23:11

When you go to bed at night the little buggers come out and I can feel them wriggling! It's horrible! They seem to be in my fanjo which I've read is normal. They come out of your bottom at night to lay eggs and get lost and end up around the fanjo area x

gobbin Fri 24-Apr-15 00:33:36

shock

Lweji Fri 24-Apr-15 00:52:10

As tobee said, it's important that everyone in the family is treated at the same time, and treatment should be repeated two weeks later, possibly a 3rd time, even.

Make sure to wash bedding, underwear and body towels at the highest possible temperature.

Be extra careful with hygiene.

Are you in contact with young children for work?

sockmatcher Fri 24-Apr-15 00:58:03

Prispen and ovex. One kills eggs and one paralyses the f*ckers.

Eat pumpkin seeds too!

MooseBeTimeForSpring Fri 24-Apr-15 01:14:52

Fuck me. Can you still get Pripsen?

sockmatcher Fri 24-Apr-15 01:16:34

Yes. Sure you can.

sockmatcher Fri 24-Apr-15 01:20:00

Actually would seem discontinued?
We got Pripsen Piperazine Phosphate Powder when bf

Finlaggan Fri 24-Apr-15 01:24:01

I've just discovered them tonight, first time for us. Just read some depressing stuff on the net about never getting rid of them hmm
Will go to boots first thing tomorrow & get everyone dosed.

It's a hideous feeling!

Legwarmersforboys Fri 24-Apr-15 01:24:02

I worm my eldest every few months & alway have a pack on standby

Finlaggan Fri 24-Apr-15 21:33:54

Any advice as to how often beds should be changed if no symptoms?
I've def got them but kids appear to be ok...so far.

I plan on changing our bed daily for next two weeks but was wondering if I need to do same for kids?

Lweji Fri 24-Apr-15 22:05:03

It does depend on whether you wear knickers to bed or not. And how much coverage they give. smile And pj bottoms.

The less coverage, the more you should wash bed sheets.

Finlaggan Fri 24-Apr-15 22:08:51

I'm wearing pants under pj trousers to try and keep them in!

Methe Fri 24-Apr-15 22:12:19

We've had them loads but I've never felt them in me fanny. Are you sure you've not got thrush?

They are intestinal parasites are they not?

Your vagina doesn't join your intestines. At all.

PrimalLass Fri 24-Apr-15 22:46:20

They crawl out Methe.

Lweji Fri 24-Apr-15 22:46:22

Methe

The females exit through the anus to deposit their eggs outside it.

Methe Fri 24-Apr-15 22:48:35

Yeah. Outside it.. Not outside and back up another hole entirely.

HarryLimeFoxtrot Fri 24-Apr-15 22:50:42

If it makes you feel any better, we seem to have threadworms (DS) and headlice (DD) at the moment. The Foxtrot house has obviously become Parasites-R-Us sad

mineofuselessinformation Fri 24-Apr-15 22:54:57

It's possible Methe, especially if you scratch in your sleep as you can transfer them.
This is from someone whose dd had them in their vagina and called the gp late at night, knowing there was nothing that could kill the worms there and then, but wanted something to ease the itching and upset and was told to bathe in Dettol! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now